RAK (Random Act of Kindness) ☺

6/14/2013 07:02:00 PM

*LATE POST*



APRIL 23. 2013

This morning, I was in front of my laptop doing my internet routine. Suddenly, there's someone who's knocking in our store. My cousin was supposed to go to our store, but since he was doing something in the kitchen, I volunteered to assist the buyer.


It was a little boy who's knocking. He's not familiar to me so I thought that he's just a visitor of one of our neighbors. He's some kinda dark-colored, has a hair which looks like a "coconut husk" as they say, and you can say that he came from an average type of family.


And our conversation goes like this..


Me: "Ano yun?"

Him: "Pabili po ng biskwit, isa."

Our biscuit costs 6php, but I saw the little boy holding only a 5-peso coin. Then I told him..


Me: "Ay, 6php isa nito. Kulang pa pera mo ng piso."

Him: "Ay sige po. Candy na lang po."
Me: "Ilan?"
Him: "Limang-piso po."

Then suddenly, something knocked inside my heart. I don't know what it is or where did it came from. It seems like the feeling of being compassionate became alive at that very moment.


I went inside our house to ask my cousin the real price of the biscuit. He told me that it's really 6php. When I get back to our store, I asked the little boy...


Me: "Anong biskwit ba? Ito ba?" (while pointing to the jar of Fita)

Him: "Hindi po. Yung katabi po nyan." (while pointing to the jar of Magic Flakes)
Him: "Salamat po."

And I ended up giving him the biscuit that he wanted. :)


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALIZATION:

The biscuit is worth 6php. The little boy has only 5php. Instead of buying biscuit, he'll just buy candies worth 5php because he knows that it's the only thing that's enough for his money.


After that incident, I was able to reflect about what I did. The reason that I gave the biscuit worth 6php for only 5php is because I wanted the boy's tummy to be somehow contented, even though not that full. Imagine him munching 5 candies for breakfast? Ugh. That's not enough. I told myself that I'd rather pay back the difference of 1php than see that little boy endure his hunger. :)


It feels like heaven to help other people, most specially those that you don't know personally. It feels good to brighten another person's day by doing something thoughtful or nice. Kindness is a way of showing others that even in the face of hostility nowadays, you are making a good stand for kindness. By doing good deeds to others, you do not know that you are helping to build a kindness-aware community that values generosity of spirit towards other people. Remember that you don't need to wait for someone to initiate a day, a week, or even a month of celebrations to practice RAK. You can do it anytime, anywhere! :)




Inhale love, exhale hate!
♥ KIN ♥


You Might Also Like

0 comments