THE ESSENCE OF A PRAYER

6/24/2013 07:35:00 PM

While singing in StarMaker (because I am a frustrated singer, yes. Hahahaha!), my Mom asked me for a little favor. She told me to go to Sta. Lucia Parish to schedule her for a mass offering tomorrow since it's her birthday. I didn't refuse considering that I am doing a not-so-important stuff. When I arrived at the Parish Office, it's already closed. Then when I saw a mother butler, I immediately asked her if what time did the office closed. She said that it's a "rest day" for the office and it will resume its work tomorrow at 9am. I was saddened that time not because I went there for nothing, but because Mom won't be able to make a mass offering on her special day. Well technically, she still can but on an evening mass, not on a morning mass.

I went there for the purpose of scheduling a mass offering for Mom. No more, no less. But suddenly before leaving, I felt the urge of having a me-time inside the Church itself. I went inside. Knelt down. Made the Sign of the Cross. And started to pray.

After praying, I felt lighter. Lighter in a sense that I have already threw up again the grudges that I had for these past few days. I also felt blessed because I was able to have the opportunity to thank Him again for all the graces He has given me.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REALIZATION:


"Do all this in prayer, asking for God's help. Pray on every occasion  as the Spirit leads. For this reason keep alert and never give up; pray always for God's people."
-Ephesians 6:18

For me, prayer is not simply as something Christians do from time to time, but it is the very essence of our Christian life. Prayer is talking with God. It is an ongoing dialogue with God that keeps our relationship with Him. In its essence, prayer is a communion with God.

Prayer is certainly not persuading God to do what we want God to do. It is not said just for emergency purposes. Prayer is, however, much more than merely asking God for something. We get to know God in a manner of talking with (not only to) Him. 

Let's be reminded to keep our prayer simple. So often when we pray, we have this inner urge to share everything to Him as much as we can. But what we really need to do is to be still and know that He is God (Psalm 46:10). He already knows what's in our heart. We need not to say a lot, we should just simply allow ourselves to be loved by Him and to be present to Him.

Every day, take time to to be silent with the Lord. You may start with ten minutes, and then increase your prayer time gradually. Eventually, you will realize that it's not so much about you saying a lot of words to Him, it's more about Him saying beautiful and sweet words to you. :">



Inhale love, exhale hate!
♥ KIN ♥



You Might Also Like

0 comments