Yes to RED LIPS!

9/17/2014 03:23:00 PM

So this is my first blog about writing a review for a certain product. I don't feel like doing it... before. Yes. But since I am fond of reading a review first before buying some stuff, I feel like I have to do the review on my own. :p

Disclaimer: I am not a make up pro. I just want to write a review for this product. The tips written below are based from what I have watched and read from other blogs and articles.☺


Let's start! ☺ 

I used to wear lip tint back in my college years. Yes, just a lip tint and I'm good to go. I don't wear lipstick before because first, I don't know how to apply it properly yet. And second, I find lip tint easier to use when I'm having a retouch. But since December 2012, I started to love having red lipstick in my kikay kit. Red because unfortunately, pink is not good for the shade of my skin. Neither nude. I tried experimenting a lot of it since then, not to mention me having a sensitive, dry, and chapped lips. But among the lipstick that I have tried, what I am reviewing today is the Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick in Lusty Red.



P A C K A G I N G

The Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick comes in a black matte plastic packaging which is some kinda perfect for a fingerprint-free stuff. I find it super light and not bulky in my kikay kit. The packaging is quite durable too. Although the brand's name is easy to wipe out, I still find it good enough for its price.

You can also find a color cap at the top of the lipstick which could really help you identify the color (of course). It's very useful most specially to those girls out there who have a lots of lipstick in her collection. Some says that the color cap can be detached easily, but as of the moment, I haven't had any problem with the cap itself yet.








T E X T U R E   and   C O L O R   P A Y O F F

When I first opened it, the lipstick looks really dry (most basically because it's matte). I didn't find any problem with the application of the lipstick itself. Well for me, I just have to put a lip primer first before the lipstick so that I won't experience tugging while applying it since as I have said earlier, I have a dry and chapped lips.






The color payoff is really remarkable. My friends, colleagues, and other people notice that my lipstick is really good because it took me more than 4 hours before I re-apply. Even if I eat meals in between hours, the lipstick still stays in my lips. I am not really sure if it's really the lipstick or it is just me who is very careful when eating. Lol. But kidding aside, this is really a good one. The staying power is really really amazing. And the wow factor there is the price and of course, the brand name Ever Bilena.



L I K E S  ,  D I S L I K E S  ,  and   P R I C E

LIKES:

  • Budget-friendly
  • Can apply easily without tugging
  • Staying power is pretty amazing
  • Brightens up your face
  • Doesn't make your lips look dry


DISLIKES:

  • High maintenance


PRICE: 165php only!



O V E R A L L

Verdict: 4 out of 5! It's really a great product even for a beginner like me. You just have to apply it right for you to get the flawless look. I suggest you watch videos in YouTube and read other blogs about how to apply lipstick. Practice makes perfect, girl! ☺



T I P S

1. Moisturize your lips.
For the ladies out there who are having a dry and chapped lips like me, it's better to exfoliate your lips first. Look for a good lip primer or lip balm before you put on your lipstick. Give enough time for your lip primer or lip balm to be absorbed by your lips, like 3 minutes or more. Avoid lipstick from slipping off and get off the extra balm on your lips by using a tissue.

2. Use a lip liner.
Using a lip liner helps you color your lips a little bit faster and helps you in keeping your lipstick in place. It can enhance and define your lips too.

3. Use a lip brush.
I used to using a lip brush the first time I use lipstick because as I have said, I really don't know how to apply it before. Although you can apply your lipstick straight from the tube, using a lip brush is smarter and better most specially for the beginners. You have more control where the color is going and it prevents you from getting an excess lipstick beyond your lips too.

4. Tone the rest down.
When wearing a red lipstick, be sure to tone down the rest of your makeup by using shades that are close to the color of your skin. Never ever wear rosy red blush with a red lipstick. Instead, go with a softer blush shade. Or maybe you can even go without blush. You can also pair your red lipstick with a light brown shade of eyeshadows.



I was never used to wearing too much makeup on my face, most specially when it's just a normal day. I just wear the usual press powder (from Ever Bilena too) and my lippie.

Red lipstick adds attitude to one's look. And I have also read an article (I can't remember the title tho) saying that if you are wearing a red lipstick, it can transform even your most basic look into something startingly chic. Honestly, it boosts my confidence when I'm out and I wear this kind of lippie.

I rarely wear red lipstick before. That's why when people (most specially my friends and officemates) saw me, they were all shocked seeing me with a bolder lips. Remember that you may be offended by people who are going to tease you for wearing such color of lipstick, but I tell you, DON'T MIND THEM! It really takes a lot of courage to rock a red lips, right? You are pretty! You deserve to wear red lipstick! *wink*


Will I purchase again? Definitely... YES!







Inhale love, exhale hate!
♥ KIN ♥

You Might Also Like

0 comments