READY OR NOT?

7/26/2013 02:55:00 AM

                                                       (Disclaimer: Photo from www.designlap.com)

I’M 21 AND I’VE NEVER BEEN IN A RELATIONSHIP. A REAL RELATIONSHIP. AN OFFICIAL RELATIONSHIP.

It’s been half a year since my so-called “pseudo-relationship” ended. It hurts like hell, of course. Obviously. But that’s not the reason why am I writing tonight, that’s another story. OK? =))

During that time span (6 months), a number of people are constantly asking me, “Sinong nanliligaw sayo ngayon?”, “Ilan manliligaw mo?”, “Sinong mahal mo ngayon?”, “Bakit wala ka pang minamahal?”, “Kamusta na puso mo?”, etc. And I was like, “Kelangan ba talagang laging may nanliligaw? Laging may minamahal?” HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Because of these curious people and their endless questions, it made me think deeply and then I tried looking back to what had happened to me before. I examined those little parts of my life wherein I thought I was really ready to fall in love, with a feeling of telling yourself, “Sana siya na nga. :) Then I came to realize that after all of the distress that I’ve experienced during those “pseudo-relationships”, I became tired. Tired of being hurt. Tired of being in pain. Tired of everything. There came a point when I remember saying, “Ayoko na magmahal ulit.” to myself.

Funny, right? Ha! I know. But that was before. :)) After continually praying for it, I have learned that I should not give up on finding love again. That there’s no reason to hate love or believe it doesn’t really exist. That I should not convince myself not to fall in love again. Because by doing such things, I’m just being hard to myself. I’m only clinging on to a memory of love that I’ve once experienced, that didn’t end well for me. And when love comes knocking at my door, I will open it wide and fall in love all over again. :”>

As of now, I’m still in a quest to “find my own self” which (I think) has been lost while I’m in the world called “love”. I’m doing such thing to become a better version of myself. To get back what has been gone to me. Learning to fall in love again is all about understanding the process of healing. I’m proud to say that I have stopped choosing to rush through my love life. I let myself to take time not only in changing myself, but also in reflecting, discerning, and praying for “the one”, or rather for “God’s gift”.

I will not settle yet. I will not settle for anything less than what I deserve. I will not settle for a life that is less than the ordinary, and that is not filled with trust, passion, and love. I will not settle for what God hasn’t prepared for me yet.

When you are ready for love, it is not about a person, or a place, or a time; it is about YOU accepting that you are ready for this and ready to put out everything to the world.


I’m willing to wait for this, even if it takes years, because I know that God is still busy writing the manuscript for my BEST JOURNEY OF LOVE . :”>




Inhale love, exhale hate!
♥ KIN ♥

You Might Also Like

0 comments