HOW TO FINISH WHAT YOU'VE STARTED

8/30/2013 03:48:00 AM


Bonjour!!! :)

I've been hiatus for already a month... but only here in Blogger. Meeeh. If you would check my other social media sites (FOLLOW ME: Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram), I'm still active there. Most specially in Twitter, of course! :)) Ha! It's because those sites are more accessible for me when I'm using the iPad and my Blackberry phone. I find it a little harder to keep in touch with my blog site because my laptop is still at my friend's for almost three months already. :( And I feel more comfortable using my laptop when I'm writing my thoughts. That's why I can't update my blog every now and then. :(

So, yeah. Enough of that. Haha! Because this blog is not about all of my excuses and reasons for not posting here for so long… :))


Have you ever noticed that many of us are good at starting things? But if you will carefully look into it and see how far you’ve come, you’ll just be disappointed sometimes because you will realize that you haven’t finished it yet? It’s because it’s the finishing that we need help with. :)

ENCOURAGEMENT. INCENTIVE. MOTIVATION.

Finishing something is all about these three words. If you assess yourself and you realized that you’re having a difficult time finishing things, maybe one of the best things that you can do is to think of the reason why you started that certain thing in the first place, and why you want to finish it.

You may also want to consider if that task is something that you really love to do…

IF YES, then ask yourself why would you love to do it? What can you get after doing it? Is there some benefit that you can gain from doing it? If you can answer those questions, then you are starting to visualize everything. It’s a good sign because that visualization might help you to keep going.

IF NOT, then maybe you should look upon the consequences of setting it aside, or omitting it. If you’ll do the latter, perhaps after a day or two, you’ll be surprised that it will bring you comfort when you’ve finally decided to omit some task that you didn’t really want to do in the first place! 

If you think that encouragement/incentive/motivation is lacking and you need more of it, challenge yourself by pressuring yourself positively. I repeat, positively. A little of it can be a good thing because it helps to bring you some kind of tension (e.g. setting a deadline, posting via social media about what you have done, etc.).

You may also want to divide your task into a piecemeal. It will help you get started on little things with little steps. And if you keep doing it repeatedly, you’ll never notice how far you’ve come. Until poof! You’re done! ;)

(Example) If you can’t read a whole book or a whole story in one sitting, just try reading a paragraph or two. If you feel that after reading a little you now can’t absorb anything, rest for a while. Then read another sets of paragraphs. Keep doing this until you’ve finally reached the end of the book. Then you’re done! You can now go out and tell the whole world that you just finished reading a book. You’ll realize that it’s AWESOME. :)

HIHIHIHIHIHI. I've blogged about this because I think that it's really appropriate and at the same time, helpful for me. I've been bombarded with tons of work this month (although I'm still studying). Hahaha! And yes, I've already started some of my to-do's and I'm still in the process of doing it. And I'm still praying for it to be finished ON TIME! I hope that you too could finish whatever task you have! Just keep praying! ;)





Inhale love, exhale hate!
♥ KIN ♥

You Might Also Like

0 comments