Pancake place? Try SLAPPY CAKES!

10/08/2013 12:00:00 AM


*LATE POST*


08.24.2013

Me and my YFC girlfriends planned a dinner date this night, but unfortunately, only 3 of us came (out of 5). That’s kinda sad because we’re not complete. Again. *sigh* Heehee.

So here’s my hashtag ootd (or should I say ootn hahaha) which I also posted in my Instagram account. :)


 Black elastic waist dress, topped with pomelo-colored cardigan,
and paired with pomelo-colored shoes.

Ate Raiza fetched us up with her car at around 8 in the evening. When we reached Eastwood, we still can’t figure out where are we going to eat so we decided to stroll over the place. And finally, we are hooked by this not too big stall located at the G/F of Eastwood Mall.




Tadaaaaaa! I’m talking about Slappy Cakes! I wasn’t able to take the actual picture outside. Sad. :( Heehee.

We entered the door and got a seat.  While we were waiting for the menu, I rolled over my eyes to check the place. It was bright enough to create a “happy mood” somehow, plus it uses wood furniture. The table at the center contains a pancake griddle which lets you cook your own pancake, of course. (You will see later on this blog how does the pancake griddle looks like) Overall, I can say that the ambience is great and the interior is simple but cozy. And again, I’m sorry because I wasn’t able to take a picture inside this time.
Well, obviously, I took a picture of Slappy Cakes’ menu. Heehee. I was surprised when I saw that they are not only offering pancakes, but they also have rice meals (classic Filipino breakfast), some salad-like meals, and desserts.







 

Too many savory and fixins to choose from.
Aaaaahhhhh! :)))


They also have a couple of recommended combinations
in the menu which first timers could try out.


And there’s this one drink that caught my attention… HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA



The staff in Slappy Cakes would ask you if it’s your first time or not. If it is, then they will teach you how to make your own pancakes using the pancake griddle.

Here's how to make your DIY pancakes! :)


STEP 1: CHOOSE YOUR BATTER

Slappy Cakes has 5 different flavors to choose from .Each flavor comes in an 8 oz. squeeze bottle per serving: Buttermilk (225 PHP), Whole Grain (225 PHP), Peanut Butter (260 PHP), Vegan (260 PHP), and Chocolate (260 PHP).


We picked the Buttermilk for our first taste.


 STEP 2: ADD FIXINS / TOPPINGS / SAVORY

We just tried the fixins. No toppings, no savory. :)

 

 We tried mangoes, nutella, and banana. *drools*
 

  STEP 3: CUSTOMIZE YOUR OWN PANCAKES!


Put the batter into the hot griddle. It's up to you
how big you want your pancake will be.


 Add the fixins you have picked. Here in my first pancake, I put some mangoes, bananas, and nutella. :))


 Cover it up with another layer of batter.





 Flip the pancake to cook the other side.


And.... tadaaaaaa! Here it is! :">
Done simply and easily. Heehee


Here are some of our pictures while making our own pancakes. :">


 Ate Raiza putting her second layer of the batter.


 Ate Normae flipping her pancakes.


 Oh, it's me putting my favorite Nutella. ♥




And here's our pancaaaakes! *yummy*




 Pancake topped with Nutella and banana.





And of course, here are my pictures (selfie lol) and our group photos. ♥

 






















To conclude our stay in Slappy Cakes, I can say that I really enjoyed our food that night! :) What makes the store unique is that you can make your own pancakes and you are free to do anything you want with it. I believe that this factor gives every customer a new level of fun and interactive dining experience. Actually, there is nothing really exceptional about their pancakes, it's just that your whole stay in Slappy Cakes is truly one-of-a-kind.

Spell your name out. Make smiley faces. Play around with wacky shapes. Go crazy and have fun making your own pancakes! 


SLAPPY CAKES
Ground Floor Eastwood Mall, Quezon City
Contact Number: (02) 909 35 01






Inhale love, exhale hate!
♥ KIN ♥


You Might Also Like

0 comments